Restoring Health and Beauty to Forestlands
in the Wildland-Urban Interface
Interface Forestry works with diverse forest landowners to meet their individual stewardship needs. We recognize that today's forest owners face a wide range of management issues that require thoughtful solutions.
Whether you own a modest residential parcel in the wildland-urban interface or a forested spread covering thousands of acres, we can help you plan and manage your forestlands.
Treatments mimic natural ecological processes to produce a wide range of forest values ranging from aesthetically pleasing spaces to sustainably harvested timber to carbon sequestration, edible mushrooms and biomass for fuel.
Communications, recommendations, and reports are easy to understand; we write them for the non-technical reader. Feel free to e-mail us or call us by telephone at (406) 239-1171. We will NOT give or sell your e-mail address to anyone.
In Regard to Our Services
Interface Forestry offers a rich menu of services to the urban interface landowner. Whether writing sensible, useful, and easy-to-read stand prescriptions and forest plans, or seeing through the work operations in the field, we can help you meet your needs. To read about the specific services we offer you, please click on any of the following links.
- Forest Resource Inventories and Assessments of forest conditions on large and small tracts, based on visual or statistical field exams.
- Wildfire Fuel Assessments for forested tracts and home ignition zones.
- Forest Stewardship Plans and Informal Recommendations with specific, easy-to-read instructions (for operators) and schedules.
- Forest Resource Maps and Project Data-Management (using a Geographical Information System).
- Forest Treatments and Operations including forest thinning, fuel treatments, broadcast burning, other treatments, and follow-up.
- Post-treatment Monitoring including scheduling and field activities.
- Due-diligence Assessments for prospective land buyers.
We work with a wide range of Stewardship Concerns and Objectives
All planning and fieldwork that we do depends upon the explicit needs of the landowner. If you are not sure what your management objectives are, we can help you identify and formulate them. If you already know what you want, we can help you see your objectives through. Please click on a link for a more detailed explanation of any of these objectives:
- Forest and Stand Health
- Forest Restoration
- Wildfire Fuels Management
- Forest Aesthetics
- Wildlife Habitat Restoration and Conservation
- Recreation Management
- Non-Timber Forest Products
- Sustainable Timber Management